Tuesday, August 9, 2011

I stumbled into a "breastmilk is gross" situation today... aye.

Oh the frustration and face palming that ensues when in many environments of parents discussing parenting.  I feel I should carry around a briefcase of legal documents and research studies backing my crazy and outlandish parenting style which has to have it's own name/model/theory because it differs from the layman ideal of parenting.
Because I love wikipedia and it's reference notes it carries at the bottom of each search, I bring you excerpts from the wiki page entitled "Parenting":
"Parenting is the process of promoting and supporting the physicalemotionalsocial, and intellectual developmentof a child from infancy to adulthood. Parenting refers to the activity of raising a child rather than the biological relationship."  Then Dr. Sears and his silly ways, came up with the term "attachment parenting: "Seeks to create strong emotional bonds, avoiding physical punishment and accomplishing discipline through interactionsrecognizing a child's emotional needs all while focusing on holistic understanding of the child."
Some of the now labeled principals of attachment parenting include (gasp!) co-sleeping, babywearing, natural childbirth and dare I say homebirth, and breastfeeding.  
Ack!  Wonder how many times she's been told how gross this is... eesh.  So offensive.  Cover up, lady.

Come on, lady, get a stroller.  I mean, this is 2011, and screw what evolution says.  Babys R Us is where it is at.  They know best.  

On my quest to find things to share about my crazy parenting choices, I stumbled across words strung far better together than I could only hope, and so will share the post that says everything better than I could, in a more than likely concise way... Happy reading!

Authentic Parenting - 'Radical' Parenting... Please read.

No comments: