Friday, December 24, 2010

Why Christmas can suck...

So, today has been a whirlwind.  I mean, it is Christmas Eve, after all... surprised??  We malled it, new grocery stored it, regular grocery stored it, and movied it.  (Wrapping has yet to commence, to our unfortunate dismay...).  We Nordic Santa'd it tonight.  Cookies and carrots are out tonight.  Guess how many gifts are wrapped?  Yeah, that'd be zilch.  And, it is 25 (min) before the hour as I type this, with youngest tot on tit, tapping her foot to Pandora Christmas music.... hmmmm.... 

But, as my title introduces... what sucks is missing your family for what, as a Mom, you have planned traditions since you owned your own baby doll.  So, hearing your "youngest step" baby on the phone upset... well, it sucks.  It ruined Nordic, wrapping, and my spirit.  All that it helped was my beer intake, and confirmation that wrapping would proceed sans husband. 

I have much to look forward to, and I know that.

So, the Merriest of Christmasas to you all, and Happy Holidays! 

No comments: